Executive Assistant to the CEO
At Copper, we’re on a mission to transform the global publishing industry and shift the way books come to market. We’re developing the go-to platform for authors and book lovers to build community around incredible content. Has a book changed your life? If so, come change the world with us.
We’re a venture-backed startup growing our founding team as we bring our product to market. This role will be instrumental in supporting Copper’s founder/CEO in managing daily scheduling and communications. As the executive assistant, you will be integral to supporting our CEO in building a successful start-up. When you meet a stranger a decade from now, you’ll be able to say you were a part of the early team that built the Copper platform.
What You’ll Do
- Daily project and task management for the CEO with a weekly status report of action items
- Manage the CEO’s calendar by making appointments and coordinating meeting attendees
- Respond to all incoming requests (press, investors, internal, etc.) appropriately and in a timely manner
- Prepare communications on behalf of the CEO for review
- Prepare written briefs for upcoming meetings and interviews
- Attend meetings when necessary to capture notes and send follow-ups
- Coordinate travel arrangements and create travel itineraries
- Maintain an up-to-date database of important contacts
- Support organization of events, meetings, and workshops directed by the CEO
Who You Are
- You are an advanced problem solver. You understand how to ask the right questions without holding assumptions. You quickly determine the first step to solving a simple or complex problem. You are not afraid to say you don’t know.
- You are detail-oriented. You confirm each person, project, presentation, and beyond has the correct and current information. You ensure any detail is confirmed with care.
- You are entrepreneurial. You can execute your responsibilities without constant supervision. You want to own your projects as you crave independence.
- You are adaptable. You are calm and patient as a startup’s strategic direction may shift frequently. You have the ability to receive a tremendous amount of information quickly.
- You are an empathetic team player. You can thrive in a flat organization where we treat each person with respect while also knowing the specificity of an individual's role as well as how they relate to the CEO and the progress of the overall organization.
- You are comfortable making mistakes. You hold yourself and other team members respectfully accountable. You welcome feedback openly and regularly if and when mistakes are made as you understand feedback will improve the organization as a whole.
- 1-3 years of experience in executive management duties
- 3-5 years of experience in a high intensity work environment: start-up or service industry
- Comfortable with changing technologies and can quickly adapt to new software
Flexible part-time based upon the founder's needs, 20-30 hours a week. Currently, our company is headquartered in sunny Los Angeles. We are open to remote for the right person.
About Copper: A book can change your life. After exercising, reading is the number one thing people wish they did more of. We’re making the process of discovering and discussing great content all the more impactful by turning reading social. And in so doing, we’re supporting the last under-served group in the creator economy: authors. We believe the opportunity to reshape the publishing world is a big one and we invite the best and the brightest to come change the world with us.
Copper is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Copper does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided upon on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.